In May 2017, Orison’s founder & CEO Eric Clifton presented at the Internet of Things World conference, as a panelist on both the Smart Cities track and the Smart Home track.
IoT World 2017’s Smart Cities track session entitled “Looking into the future: Smart Cities Utilities Infrastructure” covered:
- Smart electric power solutions for smart cities
- Smart gear and devices to enhance connectivity
- Advanced meter solutions
- Opportunities to realize new efficiencies and define revenue streams
The Smart Home track session entitled “Joining Forces: The Value of Partnerships to Create a Truly Smart Home for the Consumer” covered:
- Exploring cord cutting and moving towards streaming and connected media consumption
- Unlocking the true value for consumers: What are they willing to pay and what will they pay for?
- Monetization opportunities for advertising?
- What will be the smart home’s killer user interface? Voice vs. apps
- Overcoming barriers to mass-market adoption: high prices, limited demand, device replacement
cycles, technological fragmentation of the ecosystem